Saturday, January 28, 2006

News About Luke!

Haikou SWI Hainan, China
Luke is being held in the center back row


We were so blessed to receive the following emails from Vicki. She was in Hainan and got to meet Luke and even took some pictures for us! Oh I can't WAIT to have that little boy in my arms.

Enjoy!

Vicki wrote the following:

Dear Mark and Elizabeth,
Hi! I just wanted to send you an e-mail to say hello and that we saw Luke last week at the
orphanage! He is doing great, healthy, strong, and very active. I requested a visit to see the orphanage, which is lovely. You will be happy to know that those pictures we saw a few months ago which we thought were of the orphanage were actually not - they were of the adoption center office parking lot, not where the children live!
The caretakers are so sweet to the kids, they are very well cared for, and I left just amazed. You are in for a treat. I was presented with a whole scrapbook of Aidan's life, as well as other pictures and a CD-Rom of more pictures. The director is wonderful. So, rest easy, he is in good hands!! He, like Aidan, is quite a bit smaller than I expected - don't buy any bigger than 24 months for now! Luke is very active and happy - I took 10 pictures of him which I will send you. I gave him a Thomas train from you - the nannies explained that it was from his Mama and Daddy - he ran off with it with glee! I think they prepare them very well for the change. I am absolutley thrilled with Aidan and how well adjusted he is. I think you will find the same with Luke. I was thrilled with the level of care, the facility, and the love they are shown - they all just love the kids so much. Praise God.
We will be home on Wednesday, and I will send you the pics as soon as I can.
Take care,
Vicki B.

This is a picture of Luke getting his train!!!!